Belleville Retirement Homes

Management

Caretenders Retirement Living

The goal at Caretenders Retirement Living is to offer residents of our retirement facilities a unique living experience. We have chosen to break away from the “mass-produced” appearance favoured by the large retirement home companies.

Caretenders has been developing and operating retirement communities since its founding in 1988. We have successfully established thirteen retirement communities in the provinces of British Columbia and Ontario, as well as in the state of Arizona. In addition to Queens Avenue, we currently operate residences in Belleville, Ontario, and Kelowna, BC. We celebrated the opening of a new facility in Armstrong, BC, in 2011.

The architecture of our buildings is designed to suit the local environment and respect the style of the surrounding community. Every touch, from the landscaping to the staff, services and meal menus, are meticulously planned to be in tune with the general feel of the surrounding community. Residents of Caretenders' communities say they feel as if they never left their own home.

Caretenders is dedicated to bringing its philosophy to every new project. Future projects will target smaller communities to provide facilities accessible to retirees. We want retirees to have the opportunity to live in or close to their home community as their care needs evolve. The transition to a retirement home is much smoother if family and friends are nearby and seniors can maintain connections with their community groups.

Caretenders' intention to keep seniors close to home is our way of caring for communities, both within our buildings and across the country.

Higher check payments become more than worth it

Your essay prompt did not mince words admitting the seeming absurdity of planning retirement while yet choosing a career. The amount of mutable variables remains immense, and it proves a daunting prospect struggling au courant the economic vernacular. But I'm learning.   

    

    Should I retain my health and interest in work, I will ideally retire at the ripe old age of 70. I can receive full benefits for Social Security at 67, but it is better to take advantage of the current bonus system. Social security checks currently increase 8% each year past full retirement age (for me, 67 years) with the cap at 70 years, so I stand to gain a 24% increase by working for three more years. (Spiegelman) Also, traditional IRA's and 401K plans require “minimum distributions” at 70 ½. (CNN Money) Ultimately, it becomes a gamble with my health. Should I live to 70, I would not be able spend any of my investment. Should I live to 90, the 24% higher check payments become more than worth it. Noting my grandparents 85th birthday, it is not unwise to be optimistic.

    Following, based upon an estimate by the American Association of Retired Persons for what is required to generate $40,000 a year for a 30 year retirement, I will need 1.18 million dollars to retire.



How? My research stressed two themes: start early and be aware.  

    The Financial Mentor referenced a Harvard study that found the 3% of participants who had written retirement goals earned about 10 times the amount of the other 97%. Obviously going forward with a plan is a fundamental step. Also, the most powerful tool of investment, compounding interest, works best with time on its side: reiterating the need to start early. 

    Secondly, generally being aware of the means and regulations of investment is important. This was doubly impressed upon me by an attempt to impress the reader with a detailed figuring for the monthly contributions required towards an Arrowhead Credit Union Roth IRA to gain 1.18 million dollars; within a yearly budget of $43,700 (the average salary of Monterey TESOL graduates); with a 42 year career beginning after my 2019 graduation. However, the entire plan was thwarted by the Federal contribution cap and a low annual percentage yield. It is more complex than I hoped.